Weekly Update 3
01 Jun 2020 - Richard Horridge
Another week, another post! While I'm yet to be convinced of how useful these posts are, they are a good way to track where I am with things in my life. Here are my top level tasks:
- Run a road 10k again
- I did a lot of walking (around 30km) over the weekend. The heat at the moment is not conducive to long distance but I plan to do some shorter, faster routes over the next few days.
- Work back up to 10 chin-ups
- I haven't been on this at all unfortunately
- Bring the house back up to a good state
- I did fix the bits of wood in the conservatory, and tidied up some of the shed. I have some more ideas for the house which I need to work on at some point.
Other accomplishments - another quiz (where despite being greatly reduced in numbers, we held our own!), finishing phase 1 of the Network Rail project (my involvement is likely to continue but on a day-rate basis). I visited a few more people - Mat, Gabi and Tom - a theme I'd like to continue this week. Also played a bit of music, including a few songs in Open D tuning - my singing still needs a lot of work! With James and Pooch we achieved my goal of getting out of Birmingham (on foot), and I achieved it again the following day with a trip to Northampton, returning through the gloriously familiar countryside of Northamptonshire and Warwickshire where I used to work.
This week, I have a few more goals:
- Visit at least two more different people
- Purchase a few bits and pieces for the house, with the aim of doing some more DIY
- Produce a short-term plan for returning to Ph.D work, while familiarising myself with the project again