Weekly Update 4
08 Jun 2020 - Richard Horridge
Has it been four of these already? Let's look back at the top level tasks:
- Run a road 10k again
- Another run with James was good fun and involved consistent running. I've changed diet recently, which has resulted in a lot more mental energy, but while I am adjusting my athletic performance will suffer.
- Work back up to 10 chin-ups
- I've done a bit but need to make this a proper habit. I need to put the bar up each time, which makes it more difficult to be consistent!
- Bring the house back up to a good state
- I put some weedkiller on the drive but it doesn't appear to have had a lot of effect, likely due to the rain. I bought a guitar stand.
Looking at last week's goals, I accomplished 2 of them - I visited Bethany and Ben, and I created a plan for the Ph.D. I am likely to be working more on Network Rail things this week, and I have my leave of absence active now which gives me a lot more time before any Ph.D deadlines arrive.
Old habits, however, are starting to return - my general mental health has been quite up and down and I am starting to relapse more. I'm hopeful that I am able to cope but it's alright if not.
I met quite a few people last week - Jenny, Chelsea, Bethany, James and Ben, for which I am very grateful. I also bought a 12 string guitar which has been really fun to play.
This week, I'd like to accomplish a few things:
- Get the rest of the clips and images for the BALADS end of year video
- Get meaningful work done on the Ph.D
- Upload videos to the BALADS website